It was about nine years ago when I decided to ask the guy who is now my husband to the Valentine’s Dance. I heard another girl had it in the works to ask him to the dance too so I went straight to the school vending machine and used a couple quarters to buy some Mentos. I attached a note that said, “We were ‘MENTO’ go to the dance together!” and put my name inside the wrapper and had a friend give it to him. He said, “Yes!” and four years letter we both said “YES” again.
So I guess I have a soft spot for high school dances…mine had a very happy ending. Asking, being asked, and answering are some of the most fun parts! Here are a few more of my favorites…
If the vending machine is all you’ve got at the time like it was for me, try this one:
- Grab a bottle of Fanta pop and write a “W” over the “F” with a sharpie marker… “WANTA go to Prom with me?”
Hit the Easter clearance section for these ideas…
- Give a carton of eggs and an egg coloring dye kit and say, “I’m DYING to go to Prom with you…it would be EGG-CELLENT!” Write your name on an egg with a white crayon and when she dyes the eggs, your name will show up where the wax resisted the dye!
- Get some marshmellow peeps and say, “Hey Beautiful CHICK…will you go to Prom with me and my PEEPS?”
Or here’s a SPRING-like idea:
- Get some small gardening plants and leave him/her with a message that say’s “I’d wet my plants to go with you.”
(Every girls loves getting flowers of all kinds!)
For the athletes and sports fans:
- Wanna TACKLE prom with me?
- Will you KICK it with me at Prom?
- We would have a BALL at Prom together!
- I really DIG You…I’d like to SET up a date to Prom with you!
- I might STRIKE OUT asking, but will you be my catch to Prom? PITCH me your answer!
Giving a cuddly stuffed animal to a girl is always a good idea. Here’s a few sayings to go along:
- I can’t “Bear” going to Prom without you!
- No more MONKEYING around…I’d go bananas if you’d go to prom with me!
- For the horse lover…Give them a pony stuffed animal and say, “Do you want to go to Prom with me? Yay or Neigh?
- I don’t want to go to Prom with any “bunny” but you!
OR…you could just bake a cake or something…Napolean Dynamite style! : )
Have you been asked to Prom? Tell us how in the comments.
Now if you have your date, it’s time to get your dress! Book your appointment with Trendy & True today. We are located in Pocatello, Idaho and have modest styles, the option to rent or purchase, and can special order any size!
Stay tuned for our next post on favorite ways to ANSWER your date!